Saturday, May 23, 2009

Name this bug- really we want to know.

Does anyone know the name of this disgusting bug?!! Just looking at it gives me the hebegebes. It came out of the overfill drain hole in the bathtub while Kaylee was taking a bath! Look at those pretty colors, and those skinny long legs. They have such form and move so well togehter. SICK! That is his head on the left that I am going to have someone squash. Anyone want this thing showing up when your taking a bath? Come on let hear your commments. It doesnt get too much better than this (maybe it can- but still).

7 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

That thing is creepy! Yikes!

One another note, I have to say that your kids are so CUTE! I love the pictures.

Jessie said...

I'm not sure what it's called... Adam's parents get them all the time in their basement.

So if you see Jeff you might ask him.

Very creepy!

Emily said...

I think that's the scariest looking bug I've ever seen. Ugh.

Whittier said...

Gross! No idea what it's called. Oh and we live in on the Kitsap Pennisula, right next to the Olympic, but since there's no bridge close it'll take us 1-2 hours to get there. Miss you guys!

Adam said...

They're commonly called the 'House Centipede.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrataTheir legs act as poisonous stingers, but usually are too fragile to penetrate human skin. If they do, it won't cause you problems unless you're allergic to the venom.

They live in houses and eat spiders, ants, and pretty much every insect you don't want in your home.

I guess that makes them good, but I wouldn't want to let them live in my house - knowing they could be crawling around in my bedroom just waiting to jump on my face! Creepy looking buggers!

Emily said...

My mom said she gets them in her house a lot, too. Yuck!

The Luke's said...

House Centipede, harmless, but rather gross looking. Adam once exploded one behind my bed with bug spray, what are brothers for :)