Sunday, September 21, 2008

Is this normal?

Has anyone ever seen a yellow watermelon or did we just eat something extremely rare. It tasted normal whatever it was. I tell you what we have had some good watermelons this year (we are very close to Green River).
We havent run short on fruit either. That is one thing they have a lot of in Price- fruit. There are plenty of apricots (they should export them or something), plums, apples, peaches, and some pears and cherries. With all of the fruit there are planty of birds to eat it. Another thing there is not a shortage of are dogs. Way too many dogs!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

I've heard of yellow watermelons, but I've never eaten one. I'm jealous that you get so much fruit in Price! We have apple orchards here in the Cleveland area, I think about 30-60 miles away. We are supposed to go pick some for a family activity in a couple weeks. We'll see!

Whittier said...

Looks good! I love watermellon! How are you guys doing? We miss you a bunch. I was talking to Trina Bagley about you yesterday. She's in our ward now and knows you somehow. I don't remember how. Hope all is going well for you.

Audrey Seymour said...

YEah they have a lot of yellow watermelons in California. I like them better but they are hard to find in Logan! I am jaleous of your apricots though because I adore apricots!

kelley said...

Raelynn had an orange water melon at Melissa King's the other night. She said it tasted like a regular watermelon it was just the wrong color. It probably cross-pollinated with a cantaloupe or something wierd like that.

Anonymous said...

Wish we had an abundance of fruit down here in Texas. I miss making all of our fresh fruit pies. Especially peach. Now I have to be like a "normal" city girl and buy them at $1 a lb. If you want any good pie recipes, just holler because my golly, I could give you a whole book full! I don't think I've ever seen or heard of yellow watermelon before though...

Christian said...

Hmmm....strange... But hooray for Green River watermelons!!! I hope that if we move out of state, someone will always visit us in the fall and bring us a GR watermelon...

Unknown said...

Yeah, we had one once. My mother in-law threw it in the trash. Ha ha!