Sweet Kaylee is 5! I can't really believe it. I really wanted to make her birthday special because she has been SO SO SO SO excited. I wasn't planning on making a cake like last year. I'm all caked out right now and have had no enthusiasm for a party either. But luckily we were able to talk her into a pancake dinner. It was super cute and I was able to use last years decorations.
We discovered a new family favorite recipe. It is CAKE BATTER pancakes.
Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup Betty Crocker Supermoist yellow cake mix
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups milk
- assorted sprinkles
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- assorted sprinkles
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
Directions
- 1Combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix.
- 2Add 1 cup of milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Add additional milk until batter has the consistency of pancake batter. You can also add more cake mix if you want your pancakes to have a stronger cake batter flavor.
- 3Preheat a skillet to low to medium heat. Fold desired amount of sprinkles into batter. Pour batter in 1/4 cup measurements onto skillet and let cook until bubbles form on top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 minute more.
Kaylee is so sweet. She gives the most sincere tender hugs. She was pleased to tell me that she could sit at the table and have her legs actually touch the ground. She is a wonderful big sister and tries so hard to please her parents. We love you little 5 year old.
1 comment:
I can't believe she's 5! Happy Birthday Kaylee
Post a Comment